Shazzu Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website, and the security of all personal data that is received. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website, through third party websites such as CV Library, Total Jobs Group, Indeed, Facebook and LinkedIn, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, Social Media sites or otherwise is used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Shazzu.co.uk website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Shazzu Limited (registered company number 11381594 of 5 Seamoor Rd, Bournemouth, BH4 9AA is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What information we collect from candidates
Shazzu Ltd may collect personal details to identify appropriate permanent, temporary or contract roles. The types of data we might request include, but are not limited to:
• personal contact information such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address;
• career history;
• salary and package information;
• right to work documentation;
• educational and professional qualifications;
• bank details;
• national insurance number;
• professional and personal references, as required in accordance with the job role and contract type (temporary, permanent or contract);
• log in data for our candidate portal
Some clients may require us to carry out criminal background checks, so we may need to collect additional personal data we need to collect to facilitate these checks.
What information we collect from clients
Shazzu Limited may collect data on clients to provide recruitment services. The types of data we might request include, but are not limited to:
• contact information for staff members such as names, email addresses, job titles, telephone numbers and office addresses;
• information about your business provided to us directly as well as information available within the public domain regarding your business, although this is not personal data.
What information we collect from our website
When you visit our website, we gather information that relates to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content, such as, but not limited to:
• the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device;
• the IP address of your Internet Service Provider;
• device screen resolution;
• device type (unique device identifiers), browser and operating system versions;
• geographic location (country only);
• preferred language used to display;
• the date and time of access to the website;
• the internet address from which you were directly linked through to our website, the control system that you use;
• the parts of the website that you visit;
• the pages of the website that you have visited and the information that you viewed;
• the hyperlinks you have clicked;
• information on the types of appliance that you used for your visit to the site;
• the material that you send to or download from our website
How we use the data collected
This information is held, used and disclosed by Shazzu Limited with the purpose of providing recruitment services to clients and matching candidate profiles with new and existing job vacancies.
• answer your enquiries;
• direct-market new vacancies, products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
• fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
Who we share this information with
Candidate and client information will be shared between employees of Shazzu Limited trading with the purpose of providing a professional and effective recruitment service. In certain circumstances, we might share your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services.
Candidates – To find you employment opportunities, we will share personal data with other parties. The data shared will be include relevant details relevant to providing recruiting services. This might include sharing your CV with our client for a specific job opportunity or on a speculative basis. We will obtain your permission to send your personal information to clients to apply for existing and new vacancies.
Clients – To find suitable candidates for your job vacancies and arrange interviews and placements, we will share the personal data of your company.
Referees / Emergency Contact Information – We might provide completed references to our clients as part of our recruitment services. We might provide employee or candidate emergency contact details to our clients with whom our temporary workers or contractors are placed if required in the event of an emergency. We might also provide these details to the relevant emergency services if required in the event of an emergency.
Suppliers – We might need to provide your details with other service providers to whom we provide services or receive services from.
Website Users – We might share your personal data with service providers who assist us with the analysis of the data to monitor and improve the use of our website.
Information may also be shared with;
• third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as our accountant, HMRC, criminal background, skills and qualification check service providers, invoice factoring, payroll and umbrella companies, professional advisors and I.T consultants. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Shazzu Limited.
• if we ever sell or buy business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer. If we are acquired (in whole or in part) by a third party, the data we hold on you may be one of the assets transferred. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
• regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive.
Your data will be stored and backed up securely within the UK on our IT systems as provided by our service providers. Your CV will be stored in the Shazzu Limited database and will be accessible by Recruitment Partners employed by Shazzu Limited.
In the rare circumstances, the data we have collected may be transferred outside the European Economic area. If this is to occur, we will obtain your explicit consent beforehand.
The security of your data is very important to us and we have processes and procedures in place to prevent the misuse of or unauthorised access to your data.
The personal data of our candidates, clients and suppliers are held in a variety of places, including:
• Our CRM system;
• Our employee’s computers;
• Microsoft Applications;
• Emails; and
• Paper files.
To protect your data our computers and systems are protected by passwords and virus checking. We also train our staff as to the importance of data privacy and the internal processes in place.
Shazzu Ltd will store your data for no longer than necessary and for the purpose it was processed and will remove personal data when no longer required.
We will keep candidate data for 2 years since last date of contact or job application. For candidates placed into a permanent position we will keep data 6 years from the commencement of the employment. For candidates placed into a fixed term contract or temporary position we will keep data for 6 years from the end of the placement.
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Data
The legal basis on which we process your personal data depends upon purpose for which your data is being processed. We may process your data on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are processing your data.
The basis on which we process your data are as follows:
Legitimate Interest – We believe that it is necessary for us to collect and process certain personal data in order to provide recruitment services to clients and candidates.
Consent – Where at all possible, we will give you the opportunity to consent to the processing of your data.
Legal Obligation – In certain circumstances, we will have a legal obligation to process your data. For example, under the relevant employment and tax laws.
Contract – Where there is a contract between us, we will process your data in so far as it is necessary for the performance of this contract.
You can prevent your browser to store cookies in your browser settings.
You can also delete the cookies from your device at any time via the browser settings.
Access and your data protection rights
Under the GDPR, you have various rights related to the processing of your data by us. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold.
• Right to be Informed
• Right to Access
• Right to Rectification
• Right to Restriction Processing
• Right to Portability
• Right to Withdraw Consent
• Right to Object
• Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
You may, at any time, request us to:
• Review the information we hold about you;
• Correct this information if it is factually wrong;
• Erase your personal data or restrict the processing concerning of personal data concerning to you;
• Receive the personal data which you have provided us via the forms, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
We will deal with your request to ensure your rights can be exercised effectively. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Please be aware that in certain cases legal requirements may not allow us to process your request immediately.
In any case, within 28 days of your request, we will inform you on the actions taken.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority (ICO).
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to withdraw your consent
If you receive news, events and alerts, or reports, you can always withdraw your consent and opt-out from receiving further communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Managing your data on our website
Candidates can manage their own data on our website via the candidate dashboard. On the candidate dashboard you will have live visibility of the status of your data and consents.
A candidate can give consent by ticking the tick box in the list of consents on the candidate dashboard. By actively ticking a box in the list, a pop-up message will appear. This message must be scrolled through and consented to by clicking the submit button to confirm. By unticking the box, consent is removed in the same way.
Any access and removal requests actioned via our website will be apply to all data held on our separate Recruitment Database / CRM System.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Shazzu Limited. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
For more information of if you have any enquires you can contact our Privacy Offer on email@example.com or by writing to us at: 5 Seamoor Rd, Bournemouth, BH4 9AA
Sean Mallen – Privacy Officer